Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Introduction

I have just returned from a 9 year mission stay in Honduras, Central America. I loved it there. I was with Mision Caribe, an independent church planting mission, and with World Gospel Outreach, a medical mission.

I am a registered nurse and a licensed Minister of the Gospel. I have many stories to share with you. Missions have been good to me.

Before going to missions, I was the founding director of a ministry to Single Again Adults. I'll tell you about that too. I wrote a book, "Towards A Brighter Horizon." You'll get that information too.

Best of all I have four grown children, the love of my life. I am blessed by having children who love and care for me and each other. I'll share with you some funny things about them too. They are a joy!!

What else? I write, teach, and preach some, so I will put some of that on my blog too. Any of the aforementioned topics.

Now? Well, now I am a part of Life Church of Chicagoland through the Church of God in Cleveland, TN where I have been appointed Director of Missions. I have many, many plans for their mission ministry, including trips to Chicago, Native American reservations, foreign countries, etc. One day at a time these things will come to pass. As the Lord directs we shall progress.

I learned to close all my work in Honduras with the phrase "A Dios Sea La Gloria," or "To God Be The Glory." I'll be writing another day.

Skipper

2 comments:

The Steel Post said...

Ok missionary statesman! Great blogspot launch! Like I've said before, sometimes the best man for the job is a woman! Proud of your excellent work!
Pastor

Anonymous said...

Love the blog, Mim! So glad to see you here in my neck of the woods. ;)